An upcoming free event will cover some of the tools used in stress reduction and trauma recovery, specifically how to be high functioning while the trauma or high stress is occurring. Respond below or contact me privately for more details.
Dr. Axe states "After reviewing more than 60 studies related to biofeedback, The Institute of Psychiatry at King’s College London described biofeedback therapy as a “non-invasive, effective psycho-physiological intervention for psychiatric disorders,” concluding that over 80 percent of studies reported some level of clinical decrease in symptoms as a result of biofeedback exposure. (1) According to their research, biofeedback interventions have been used successfully to treat common disorders including anxiety, autism, depression...". I do Biofeedback therapies in private sessions or groups for even more affordability. Groups also add additional healing dynamics. I'd highly recommend trying it!
The awareness of epigenetics is on the rise, even in the allopathic medical model. Dr Mercola talks about the human “being of energy, and as such, you have an electromagnetic component to every biological process. Every thought or feeling produces a complex shift in the biochemical make-up of your organs”. Also in Dr Mercola’s article, he refers to, Blair Justice, PhD, author of Who Gets Sick, stating how genes account for only 35 percent of longevity (and I would add the state of health). This leaves the remaining 65% to diet, exercise, stress management and other environmental factors the main player in well-being. This is encouraging due to it being in our hands and responsibility to choose wisely the things we do have control over. Stress management, nourishment and products (skin care for example) being the top three I see having the most impact. “The biofield is the term medical science has adopted for the intricately layered vibrational energy field that is said to surround and penetrate the physical body. For thousands of years, traditional, indigenous, pre-scientific medical systems have recognized a balanced, evenly pulsing biofield as the foundation of health and well-being”. If this balance is disrupted, it may cause illness of some sort. There are tons of therapies that focus on the restoration of this lack of balance through such methods as acupuncture, qigong, shiatsu, meditation and yoga, in addition to Reiki” – taken from Dr. Axe article referring to studies conducted by the School of Mind-Body Medicine at Saybrook University in San Francisco and the Department of Psychology at Loyal University in New Orleans.
For now remember this simple reminder. I also would love to see you for the absolutely free event to learn more about what is offered to help you achieve a healthy state of balance or equilibrium. Also be sure to view my latest HealthEnews for brain health through both diet and and emotional well-being!